Sunday 7 September 2014

Idea on Shakespeare retold

In rank order:

1) Macbeth - I feel this play contains the most themes in order to create a new spontaneous idea out of for our our devised play. Plus I really like the complexity of the some of the characters and the male and female relationships throughout the play, especially Macbeth's and Lady Macbeths.



2) The Tempest - One of my ideas for The tempest for a devised piece is very different than all the rest and is combined with a current musical so it is very creative and could involve comedy. Furthermore, Miranda has always been one of my favourite characters as well as the unforgiving hopelessness of the fools an Caliban.



3) A Midsummer Nights Dream - This has always been one of if not my favorite Shakespeare play but because I have studied it, performed it and read it so much I feel like I should try something new. However, I have a very weird, yet creative 'Shakespeare retold' idea that could if executed right could work very well, however it may be slightly limiting and therefore that is why it is low ranking.


4) King Lear
Apart from the fierceness of Reagan and Goneril, King Lear doesn't really appeal to me in terms of plot. I feel there is less action and no tremendous climax in terms of the play as a whole, however King Lear's speech could be determined as this. I am not very interested in using King Lear as a stimulus and therefore haven't developed any idea's from this play and is why it is ranked last.

No comments:

Post a Comment